Monday, September 15, 2014

90's Costume Theme Party

If you are anything like me when you hear theme party your first thought is ooo that's cool. Then you think about it for a little while longer and the pressure of having to not only think of but find a good costume starts to sink in.

Going to a 90's party you have your  main options: Grunge, Spice Girls or Fresh Prince fashion and Double Denim. I have discovered that you don't always have to go that far out of your way to find some stuff to make a creative and fun 90's costume. With this in mind I first went to what I already had at home looking for fun bright things to wear, and I went straight to my sock draw. I think that bright fun socks would be perfect for any 90's costume, and they are fun as well.

I decided to go with the purple socks with the watermelons on them just because i think they are super cute :). The purple socks are from Cotton On, the green ones with the cat are from K-mart as is the teddy bear and strawberry socks.

Once I had decided on wearing the socks I remembered that I had a green top that would be great with it, plus Mum told be that pastel colours were big in the 90's and i decided to add a denim jacket with it because everyone knows denim was HUGE!
The light green top is from Cotton On and the denim jacket cropped with 3/4 selves from Jay Jays (i think).

I also knew that I wanted to wear my hair 1/2 up 1/2 down with a fun scrunchy in it and have big curly hair. I found these two super fun ones at Top Shop. But I decided that the orange one looked the best, and I love the cream detailing on the outside, I though it was more fitting for the 90's style.

After I had all these pieces in mind, I went to some second hand / op shops with some friends to look for some second hand retro 90's clothing, or anything fun that I could add to my outfit, and I think that I found the perfect thing.

They have a huge platform which is 90's in itself but the best part is........


That they have wheels!!! Now they are from a second hand shop so i made sure to spray the inside and only wear them with socks, but I think they are so fun! And also will be a conversation stater at the party :) I also think that im going to add some bright fun shoe laces.                                                                                   

Overall, I think that theme parties are super fun, I paired this whole outfit with a tight fitting black skirt as I wanted to keep the focus on the hair and the shoes and though that double denim would take away from       that. However, I hope that this have given you some ideas for your upcoming costume parties!                       

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment