Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rimmel - Match Perfection Foundation

The Rimmel London ‘Match Perfect Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation’ (the foundation with the unnecessarily long name) is my all-time favourite foundation and one that I have continued to repurchase, and also turned a lot of my friends onto loving.

This foundation comes in a wide range of colours (I use 200 soft beige) and is perfect for everyday wear. I would describe this as medium but buildable coverage and very easy to blend.  I apply this foundation with the Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman ‘Expert Face Brush’ (a brush which deserves a review of its own) and I find that this gives me the best result. However, I have also been known to apply this with just my hands and that works well also.

This foundation leaves you with a dewy finish and looks great with or without a finishing powder. I have always been one to worry about my foundation looking to orange but since wearing this foundation and asking friends I have never once gotten a yes to the question “Do I look orange?”  In fact when asking one of my friends (who is a boy, so I knew he was going to be honest if it was) I got the response “no, you never look orange” which just added to the list of reasons why I love this product.

I also am still in high school, which means I’m not technically allowed to wear makeup, and this foundation has passed the test with all my teachers. However, to be fair they will very rarely pick someone up on their makeup. Maybe only if you wore eye shadow or lipstick, but never the less this is totally wearable to school and I think is able to look super natural. But as I said before can be buildable so when I wear it to parties I usually use two pumps instead of one and a little bit.  

That is another great point about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. Fun story, when I bought my first bottle of this the lid was stuck to the pump and I just twisted it and poured some out onto my hand, which constantly thinking this would be so much easier with a pump, later to discover that if I tried to pull up instead of twist I would have taken the lid off and seen the pump anyway (Good one right?).
One thing that I have found able this foundation is that it is moisturising, however if you have particularly dry skin it works best with another moisturiser under neither. However I would describe my skin as ‘normal’ and I use it without a moisturiser or a primer and I still love the results.

Overall, I love this foundation and will continue to have it as a staple in my makeup bag. It is super affordable retailing at around $17.95 depending on where you buy it from (I usually buy mine from K-mart or Priceline) and is just an all-around great product that I would recommend everyone have a try.


Xxx


I found it on sale here for only $12: https://www.priceline.com.au/index.php/cosmetics/face/foundation/match-perfection-foundation-30.0-ml


No comments:

Post a Comment